In this session you will be able to explore how to keep learners engaged, how to get them doing the work, whilst guiding them through careful planning.
This mini inset will explore how we can plan with learning at the heart. Explore ways to plan to achieve planned learning outcomes.
This Bite-size inset will cover
* What AFL is
* Various techniques and tools that can be used within a class
* What the impact can be of using AFL tools
In this Bite-size session, you will be able to develop techniques and strategies to ensure your classroom is an environment where learning is helped by high expectations and standards. You will be able to refresh your understanding of what these expectations and standards are as well as develop a toolkit of your own.
It is World Book Day on Thursday 7th March.
As part of a developing whole college literacy drive, we would like all staff to get involved.
How can you help?
- Bring in your favourite book and read a section of it with your class this week.
- Discuss with your class who your favourite author is and why.
- Encourage your students to do a book swap
- Choose a piece of text that supports the core learning aim of your lesson and use it in the starter to introduce the main concepts/skills of the lesson.
- Share a funny anecdote or poem with you learners that relates to the industry that they are preparing to enter.
Please complete the evidence/ reflection task to gain your CPD credits for taking part.
This course was delivered as a face-to-face inset with the cross-college English and Maths teams.
The aim of the session was to explore ways in which we can continue to mark students' work in a meaningful way, whilst cutting workload.
The session aimed to give practical ideas as well as provide an opportunity for professional discussion with the teams.