It is World Book Day on Thursday 7th March.
As part of a developing whole college literacy drive, we would like all staff to get involved.
How can you help?
- Use a display board to share a piece of text, limerick, poem, short story, quote, etc.
- Bring in your favourite book and read a section of it with your class this week.
- Discuss with your class who your favourite author is and why.
- Encourage your students to do a book swap.
- Choose a piece of text that supports the core learning aim of your lesson and use it in the starter to introduce the main concepts/skills of the lesson.
- Share a funny anecdote or poem with you learners that relates to the industry that they are preparing to enter.
I'm sure you can think of other ways to encourage reading. The key thing is that we all get involved.
There will be a reflection task set up on MyCPD before Thursday to enable you to gain CPD credits for supporting this event.